Love the game, the place feels very alive and I love all the different ways you can interact with the house. I'm a little bit stuck right now, though. I know I have to get to a certain corridor, and I think it has something to do with the sound I'm hearing at the metronome, but I'm not sure how those two are linked, or what the sound signifies. Any hints?
The Eldritch Funk
A downloadable game for Windows
You are a journalist who came to interview a famous funk producer in his estate about recent odd events that were rumored to take place there. You will soon enough discover that this estate is empty and that eldritch things happened among the artists that lived there.
What happened to Lance, Dina, Lotti and Clive?
Take photos, investigate, listen to tapes and look around to understand what happened for the artists and the producer. The estate is a giant puzzle. Discover its many mysteries to be able to explore it fully.
- Laurent Bariet: Sound Designer & Composer
- Alexandre Charvin: Game & Level Designer
- Maëlys Dubois: 3D Artist
- Simon Gigant: Programmer
- Antonin Herrero: Programmer
- Magali Lefort: 2D & 3D Artist
- Chiara Rosmarino: Level & Narrative Designer
- Julien Sebbag: Project Coordinator
- Johanne Chanca: Singer
- Minna Clair: UX Designer & UR
- Hugo Duprat: Composer
- Dorian Fillatre: 3D Artist
- Jérémy Fongue: UX Designer
- Alice Grégoire: 2D Artist
- Valentin Posadas: UX Designer/UR
- Clara Toussaint: UX Designer/UI Artist
- Camila Beatriz: Dina
- MysticNightVA: Lotti
- Daniel Sean Smith: Lance
- Johnny Unitus: The Producer
- Ozzie Wilson: Clive
The Eldritch Funk was made in 4 months during our second year at CNAM-ENJMIN, a French video game school. This version is a vertical slice representative of what could be the full game.
We highly suggest to play with a controller, but if you still want to play with your mouse and keyboard, here are the controls:
- WASD/ZQSD: move
- Tab: equip/unequip the notebook
- 1: equipe/unequip the camera
- 2: equip/unequip the tape recorder
- Capslock + left or right click: squint left or right eye
- Shift + left or right click: close left or right eye
- E: interact with objects
In the notebook :
- Right/Left click: turn pages
With the camera:
- Left click: take a picture
- Right click: activate/deactivate the flash
- F: look closely to the picture
With the recorder:
- Left click: play/pause
- Right click: record (can only record specific sounds in this demo)
- F: eject the tape
With an object/picture/tape:
- Escape: quit
- E: read the description / play the tape
All of the controller inputs are shown in game.
|Authors||Simon Gigant, TinoW, Ainra, One Deep Fuse (Laurent Bariet), leMouf, Alexandre_VS, Kinli, Rambar|
|Made with||Unreal Engine, Blender, Maya, Adobe Photoshop, Substance Painter & designer, FL Studio|
|Tags||3D, Exploration, investigation, Lovecraftian Horror, Metroidvania, Mystery, outer-wilds-like, Singleplayer|
|License||GNU General Public License v3.0 (GPL)|
|Asset license||Creative Commons Attribution_NonCommercial_ShareAlike v4.0 International|
|Average session||About an hour|
|Inputs||Keyboard, Mouse, Xbox controller, Gamepad (any)|
Click download now to get access to the following files:
- The Eldritch Funk is out!Apr 02, 2021
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
Thanks for your feedback. This demo is a vertical slice, a short version of what the game could become if it was developed entirely, and these two mysteries are just teasers that are sadly not resolved in the game. :)
Got it, thanks. Overall, love what's presented so far! I think the only thing I struggled with is that it wasn't clear that you could squint with the triggers. Looking forward to see the rest of it!
For the moment we did not plan to continue working on it, it was a graduation project and most of us now works full time in game studios on other commercial projects. Maybe one day 🤷♂️
The 1 and 2 are not working on the keyboard, and I can not use my controller...I like your game very much, but I can not play it because It's bugged. Please fix this as soon as possible! Have a nice day!!
It's 1 and 2 in the up of the keyboard, but i only tried with my AZERTY french keyboard, so yeah it seems it doesn't work on a QWERTY keyboard. I'll try to fix it soon.
where can i find the pc controls?
We did not implements keyboard's UI yet, but I will update the page to show them. It's tricky to control the opening of your eyes with keyboard and mouse, so we highly suggest to play with a controller.